Everyday is a new morning bright,
Alas! there is no end to this plight.
Materialism, the new mantra in town
No action these days demands even a frown.
The rat race is on, run till no more you can
Step on others toes but do stick to your plan.
My ears hurt, the stories are wild
How can a father kill his own child?
Is it naiive to believe such people don't exist
Or somewhere in my heart should my faith persist?
Just how far are we willing to go,
Isn't it time to halt or do we stoop so low
All around I do see people smile
Surely kindness is not out of style
Why then such stories of heinous crime
Is love and laughter not worth our time?
Flickering through the stories I dread in my heart
What will I hear today, what new drama will start
Murders and assaults, robberies and rape
With the victims annihilated these wolves escape
Man is superior to all creatures we claim
But there is a vicious jungle out there, it is a shame!
Intoxicated with our money and power
Vaues diminishing with each passing hour
Ambition is gold we are made to deem
Is it alright to slow down for a while and just dream?
Altruism is out there, humanity can be ripened anew
With this belief I hope for a brighter view
In a moment's decision life can forever alter
A silent prayer, may I stand strong and never falter.
Materialism, the new mantra in town
No action these days demands even a frown.
The rat race is on, run till no more you can
Step on others toes but do stick to your plan.
My ears hurt, the stories are wild
How can a father kill his own child?
Is it naiive to believe such people don't exist
Or somewhere in my heart should my faith persist?
Just how far are we willing to go,
Isn't it time to halt or do we stoop so low
All around I do see people smile
Surely kindness is not out of style
Why then such stories of heinous crime
Is love and laughter not worth our time?
Flickering through the stories I dread in my heart
What will I hear today, what new drama will start
Murders and assaults, robberies and rape
With the victims annihilated these wolves escape
Man is superior to all creatures we claim
But there is a vicious jungle out there, it is a shame!
Intoxicated with our money and power
Vaues diminishing with each passing hour
Ambition is gold we are made to deem
Is it alright to slow down for a while and just dream?
Altruism is out there, humanity can be ripened anew
With this belief I hope for a brighter view
In a moment's decision life can forever alter
A silent prayer, may I stand strong and never falter.
No comments:
Post a Comment